Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Frog Dissection!



http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/16/science/16frog.html?scp=4&sq=frog&st=cse
Last week in science, we dissected frogs. We first learned about
different body parts such as the large and small intestine, liver,
spleen and the gall bladder. After that, we put on our gloves and
dissected. It was not as bad as I thought it would be and the only disgusting thing was the smell.
The next day, we took a practical on the frogs. I only got two wrong and I am proud of myself for
that.
So, I also found a very interesting article about frogs on the nytimes.com. The article was about
prehistoric frog skeletons that were found in Madagascar. It just so happens that these frogs
were actually the biggest ones ever found as well. Scientists say that the frogs could have eaten
anything from other frogs to even baby dinosaurs! Right now, an exhibit is on display at Stony
Brook University's medical center in Long Island. Personally, I think that this is fascinating

No comments: